Beach COVID 19 POLICY
BEACH VOLLEYBALL COVID-19 POLICY
(Updated June 27, 2020)
We are pleased to announce that we are able to open the beach volleyball side of the Garneau Tennis and Beach Volleyball Club (GTBVC) in Stage 2 of Alberta’s relaunch. We understand that everyone just wants to play, but we have implemented new guidelines in order to comply with restrictions on the size of gatherings and adhere to physical distancing requirements, in accordance with the Government of Alberta and the City of Edmonton. These measures are temporary but necessary in order to allow us to open the facility while protecting the health of members and the community at large.
The Garneau Tennis and Beach Volleyball Club and its members MUST/WILL follow all of the provincial and municipal restrictions as outlined in the links below:
Alberta Relaunch Strategy Stage 2
Alberta’s COVID-19 Relaunch Guidance for Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation – Stage 2
City of Edmonton – Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions
PLEASE NOTE: The Garneau Tennis and Beach Volleyball Club does not take responsibility for an individual’s desire to participate in higher risk activities, such as larger group gatherings and contacting commonly touched surfaces. The choice to take part in these activities is individual. Participation, as such, is deemed higher risk by the Chief Medical Officer/Public Health. Those who are ill or immunocompromised should avoid gatherings and high risk activities. In reviewing and accepting these policies, you are waiving all medical liability of the Garneau Tennis and Beach Volleyball Club and understand the risk of harm to your health if participating in group sporting activities with large groups of people.
GTBVC staff will be present to ensure that these protocols are followed. Players and guests are expected to respect the decisions of club staff as well as the resolutions made by the board during these challenging and unprecedented times. Individuals who do not comply with the guidelines, as set forth below, may be asked to leave the premises on that day, or permanently if deemed a high risk repeat offender by the Board of Directors.
Concerns/complaints may be made by emailing: email@example.com
ACCESS TO THE COURTS
- Any person is restricted from entering the beach volleyball courts if that person:
- Is experiencing any symptoms of COVID. Use the Covid-19 Self-Assessment Tool: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/journey/covid-19/Pages/COVID-Self-Assessment.aspx
- Has travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days
- Has been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID
- Has been told to self-isolate by Alberta Health Services or a physician
- Resides outside of the Edmonton region
- All Members must ensure proper and regular hand hygiene including:
- Using hand sanitizer (please bring your own)
- Cleaning frequently touched surfaces before and after use, for example using Lysol wipes or diluted bleach for cleaning the ball
- Washing hands frequently
- The club will try its best to help facilitate this
- Official court access times:
- Monday through Friday 10am to 10pm
- Saturday and Sunday 10am to 8pm
- We will not accept in-person membership registration at this time. Membership can only be set up online using the website (click on the button below).
- COVID-19 refund policy: Given the unpredictability of this pandemic all membership purchases will be non-refundable.
- GTBVC offers different membership options, as listed on our Membership webpage. This includes a discount on a Full Membership for those participating in a league.
- Full-Membership Non-League Player (Adult/Student/Junior): able book courts (1 court for 1 hour per day)
- League Player: able to play outside of league times on an unbooked court or on a booked court at the invitation of the booking member)
- Full-Membership League Player: a registered league player who is able to book courts. Registered league players may purchase a Full membership at a discounted rate ($75 instead of $100).
- You will receive an electronic membership card. Please have a copy of this with you in case a club staff member requests proof of membership.
- Court reservations must be made in advance in order to ensure the maximum number of visitors (50) is not exceeded at any given time. Reservations must be made at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the booking.
- To help ensure traceability of any exposure, all players/participants and spectators must register before entering the beach volleyball courts.
- Full members can book courts using the Skedda app:
- All participants must be registered to play on the courts. This can be done through the Skedda app (Add full names of players to the Booking Title or Participant List section of your booking) or in person at the office upon arrival.
- For reservations made by a Full member, Full Members and League members do not need to pay to play on the reserved court. Non-member guests pay $5/hour.
- Non-members may reserve courts by calling or emailing the office. The hourly rate is $25/court. A list of participants will be required when booking a court.
- Non-members may also play on a member-reserved court as a guest of a member. The guest rate is $5/hour. Guests must report to the office to pay the applicable fee and provide their contact information (please bring ID with address). No access will be permitted to those who reside outside the Edmonton region.
- Courts may be reserved up to 14 days in advance.
- Official court access times will be as follows:
- Monday through Friday: 10 am – 10 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 am – 8 pm.
COURT USE RULES
- To help ensure traceability of any exposure, all players/participants and spectators must register before entering the beach volleyball courts. (See the Court Reservation section regarding how to register.)
- Players specified on the booking and spectators must arrive at the facility no earlier than 5 minutes prior to their booked time slot. At the end of their time slot, players and guests must exit the courts and leave the facility.
- Players and spectators must vacate the court and leave the facility 5 minutes before the booking ends to ensure no overlap of booked groups.
- Members are permitted to play beyond their booked time if there is no subsequent booking. You must check the booking website at least 10 minutes prior to the end of your time slot – do not wait to see if someone shows up.
- Players are encouraged to bring their own balls for court bookings.
- Players must sanitize the balls and their hands prior to play.
- The washrooms are now open. Only one person is permitted in each of the male and female washrooms at any given time.
- Handshakes and high-fives will not be allowed. Instead, players are asked to use elbow bumps, air high-fives, etc.
- Players and spectators are encouraged to wear personal protective equipment (mask, gloves, etc.) when approaching the club staff and when entering or leaving the facility. Note: wearing a mask during play is not recommended.
- Players must sanitize handles before/after using the court rakes or shovels.
- Club staff reserve the right to ask any person to vacate the court and premises in order to meet physical distancing requirements and to ensure the maximum of 50 people is not exceeded.
Lessons/Beach Pro Sessions
- To support beach volleyball skill development of members and to attract newcomers to the club, private lessons will be provided.
- The duration of lessons is 1 hour and should allow for a 5 minute buffer between lessons.
- The Office Manager is responsible for the implementation of this policy on a day-to-day basis. The Office Manager must provide appropriate training to office staff and pros.
- Office staff can take reservations from phone calls if courts are available. To ensure that these bookings are trackable and transparent, the office staff will enter them into the online reservation system.
- Office staff should proactively manage court usage during opening hours. This is particularly important during the peak hours (Friday 4pm to 8pm and weekends 11am to 3pm) . This includes directing players in and out of the courts, reminding people to keep the 2m distance, wearing protective equipment, and ensuring that the maximum of 50 people is not exceeded at any given time.
- Office staff must regularly sanitize the touchable surfaces within the office and shed (such as office table, chairs, door counter, door knob, computer equipment, and white board) as well as the surfaces frequently touched by members (such as balls, rakes, shovels, outdoor faucets, etc.).