Etiquette & FAQs
- Members and registered guests welcome. Please check
- Proper tennis attire only. Shirts required, no
- Please place membership/guest card on sign up board to register for a court.
- Courts are reserved on
basis only dropin
- Please limit play to 45 minutes for singles and 1 hour for doubles when others waiting.
- Sweep lines prior to play.
- Drag courts after play.
- Do not interrupt the play of others
. Please do not leave garbage on courts.
- Respect others at all times.
Ball Machine Policy
The ball machine must only be used on Court 7.
The ball machine may be used at any time during the day,
Please ensure that the remote for the ball machine is returned to the office after usage.
If it rains during use, please return the machine back into the shed before leaving the courts
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why are there bad bounces?
A: There is the possibility that the courts are not swept. To help fix this, ensure that your courts are swept free of debris before you play, and please sweep them after play. Staff
2. Why are the courts wet? Isn’t it better for them to be super dry?
A: The courts are wet to ensure consistency of the clay; It helps keeps the bounces more regular and watering ensures that the clay does not fly away. Watering consistently also helps to facilitate movement such as sliding. If the courts are dry, divots and other issues such as “soft spots” arise creating uneven bounces and court surface. Dusty courts are also a slipping hazard as it is difficult to get footing. Wetter courts are much easier to move on comfortably.
3. When do the courts get watered?
A: The court watering times are 10:30 PM, 6:30 AM, 10:30 AM, and 2:30 PM.
4. Why are there no windscreens?
A: Due to rules and regulations within our agreement with the City Arts Centre, we are not allowed to have our courts obstructed from view.
5. Why can’t we keep the lights on past 10:00 pm?
A: We need to shut off the lights at 10:00 pm due to our community agreement.
6. Why is there a volunteer deposit this year?
A: We hope that many members will be able to volunteer to help us out during events and other functions. This will help us from raising membership prices, and creating a better social environment.
7. Why are your group lessons on weekdays during prime-time?
A: These are when lessons are the most popular and are most easily accessible for the greatest amount of people. If you would like to join in on the fun, please talk to any of our staff and we will gladly give you information towards registering for group lessons.